Günter and his kitchen team love cooking and pamper you with homemade delicacies every day. They adore using regional quality products: venison dishes come from deer and chamois from our own hunt, trout from our fish pond, and the herbs as often as possible from the herb spiral in the hotel garden. Bread and baked goods come from the bakery in the next town and fruit juices are supplied by farmers who are friends of our hotel. Beer lovers can also enjoy a Stiegl, our local Salzburg beer.
Gourmet dinner for connoisseurs
- Crisp salads and tasty soups
- Lovingly designed menus to choose from
- Fine desserts from our hotel’s own patisserie
- Barbecue party in the garden when the weather’s fine in summer
- Gala dinner or Italian buffet in winter
- Vegetarian cuisine and cuisine for special diets upon request
- Large selection of exquisite wines, including wine recommendation
- A selection of fine regional liquors to finish
“Salzburgerland features in all our dishes – and you can taste it.”
Precious gems from our region
In the kitchen, as in all areas of our Smaragdhotel, regionality is paramount. Our kitchen team prefers to use regional quality products from neighbouring producers whom we know personally. That means the routes are short, the ingredients are fresh, and our guests are happy. We make many things ourselves, like all the cakes on our afternoon buffet and many sausage specialities such as venison sausage, chamois sausage, and “Leberkäse” meatloaf made from our own game.