Your hiking hotel in Salzburgerland
What do you think of when you hear “hiking hotel in Salzburgerland”? Mountains, lakes, and awe-inspiring panoramas? Satisfying snacks at mountain huts and cosy guesthouses? Guided hikes and well-marked trails? Delicious traditional Austrian cuisine? We say: “Yes, yes, and yes!” We also think of idyllic hikes to our mountain lake at 1,600 metres above sea level with Günter, head of our hotel, or Andrea, our hotel’s hiking guide. We think of the valley of emeralds, or “Tal der Smaragde” in German, from where our Smaragdhotel in Bramberg takes its name. We think of all the beautiful valleys around our hiking hotel in Salzburgerland. What else do we think of? We’ll be happy to tell you.
Highlights on your hiking holiday in Austria
- Our owner’s tour: summit climb with Günter
- Numerous educational and themed trails as well as walking routes for the entire family
- Challenging summit and high-mountain tours
- Guided hike into Habachtal, to the only emerald deposits in Europe
- Krimmler Achental and Krimml waterfalls
- 1x weekly geocaching in the valley of emeralds
- Cosy hours in the mountain huts, such as Steiner Alm, Enzianhütte, Alpenrose, rustic Moaralm, and Baumgartenalm in Mühlbachtal
“Time belongs to those who still see beauty.”
Hiking trips in Austria with children
At our hiking hotel in Austria, children and teenagers also enjoy fun and excitement in nature. For example, on the Venedigerweg trail, each child receives a gift as a memento of the themed trail. Another highlight on Wildkogel is the slide trail from the middle station to Stockenbaum guesthouse. A total of 10 slides take you down 444 metres of elevation. The Kogel-Mogel Adventure Arena, not far from our hotel in Salzburgerland, is especially great for our smaller guests.
- A new 10,000m2 wooden playground for big and small
- Challenge course, Kogel-Mogel climbing tower with tube slide, eagle’s nest, summit wave, Goliath swing, giant trampoline, and relaxation zones
- Free use of the giant playground
- The mascots Kogel-Mogel and Kogel-Mia
- Free travel on the Wildkogel lift with the Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil
- Family-friendly hikes from the Kogel-Mogel Arena
Fascinating natural experiences at our hiking hotel in Austria
At 3,789 metres, Grossglockner is Austria’s highest mountain. Seasoned summiteers can climb it with a mountain guide. You can admire it from the Grossglockner High Alpine Road by bike, car, or motorbike.
Bramberg’s local mountain is Grossvenediger on the border between Salzburg and East Tyrol. At 3,657 metres, it’s the fifth highest mountain in Austria, the highest mountain in Salzburgerland, and almost rivals its big brother, Grossglockner. The impressive peak can be reached with a mountain guide on a fantastic two-day tour.
Andrea, our “cheerful soul” and guide
When she’s not out and about with her family in the mountains, hiking guide Andrea leads families of holidaymakers to idyllic natural spots. She usually also has a little tour highlight ready, such as fishing, a barbecue, or a farmhouse visit. Our sociable Andrea plans her routes so that they include a laid-back refreshment stop at a mountain hut. She’s well-known amongst the locals, so she’ll often be found having a friendly chat.
Besides hiking, she also loves mountain biking and e-biking with our guests in the picturesque valleys and mountains. Regular guests appreciate the fact that Andrea always has something in her rucksack for any eventuality.
Cheap travel with the Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil
With the Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil, which you’ll receive as our guest, you’ll enjoy fantastic benefits and discounts on experiences in Hohe Tauern National Park. Make the most of your stay.