Holidays with Children in Austria
Family hotel in Salzburgerland
Holidays with children in the Salzburg mountains of Austria: show your children the beauty of nature in Hohe Tauern National Park and let yourself be pampered by the Innerhofer family and the team of the 4 star hotel!
Family action on Wildkogel:
Slide trail and mountain go-cart course
The slide trail on Wildkogel has 10 wave slides, tube slides and trough slides that lead from the middle station down to the valley. Hike, slide and have fun!
With the Emerald Cable Car (Smaragdbahn) on Wildkogel or the quick mountain go-carts, you will fly down the 4 kilometres to the middle station!
Organic farm adventure
A special holiday for children
Every Tuesday from mid-June to October, all children are invited to go on an excursion to the Lahner family’s organic farm.
At 9:30 a.m. Farmer Christine picks up the children directly at Smaragdhotel Tauernblick. Together they take the Pinzgau train to Dorf bei Bramberg and walk the short distance to the farm.
Christine and her husband George live on their farm along with three children and lots of animals. Calves, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, sheep, goats, pot-bellied pigs, miniature Shetland ponies, a dog and an Icelandic pony. All the farm animals like to be petted!
In the morning, Christine bakes bread with the children. At noon they eat the homemade bread with sausages. In the afternoon, it’s time for arts and crafts and cooking: The children can make jam, hay hearts and keychains and take them home. In the meantime, the children can visit and pet the animals! At 3 p.m. Christine accompanies the children to the train and back to the hotel.
Summer activities for your family holiday in Salzburgerland
Attractions for children at Wildkogel Arena include:
- Swimming in the combined indoor-outdoor pool with a special pool for small children in the indoor pool area
- A large wooden playground with swing, slide, small climbing wall, rocking horse and ping-pong table directly at the top station of the Wildkogel Cable Car
- Childcare and children’s programme with riding, hiking, crafts
- 1x a week with the Habach Valley Taxi to search for emeralds in Hohe Tauern National Park (free for hotel guests who stay at least one week)
- Hiking trails for families with buggies directly from the hotel and free guided family hikes with hiking guide Andrea
- Participation in the national park’s active programme
- Children’s juice bar from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Treasure hunt while searching for emeralds in beautiful Habach Valley, which is only 3 km from the hotel
- Daily taxi to Habach Valley, the Valley of Emeralds, other free valley taxis, e.g. Steineralm
- Marked Nordic walking trails
- Around 800 km of mountain bike courses
For all Smaragdhotel Tauernblick guests, the National Park Summer Card Mobile is included in the room price!
Highlights of the National Park Summer Card Mobile
for families with children
The National Park Summer Card Mobile is free of charge for the entire family upon arrival at Smaragdhotel:
over 60 offers – 1 attraction per day can be visited for free; for others, there are discounts.
National park ranger programme included!
- Free ride on the Pinzgau train from Zell am See to Krimml and regional buses
- Free admission to the 12 outdoor swimming pools in the region
- 1 ride per day with the cable cars
- Visit to the minigolf courses in Krimml, Neukirchen and Rauris
- 1 museum visit (national park museum in Mittersill, national park exhibition in Hüttschlag, Celtic village and many more)
Guided tours and programme with the national park rangers
- Eiswelten—Gletscher einst und jetzt (The Glacier Experience—Then and Now)
- Family hikes and much more…
- On the Emerald Trail
- Wild animal safari in Habach Valley
All offers can be found at National Park Card in Hohe Tauern National Park
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
Family hotel with indoor pool in Salzburgerland
Here at the hotel, we know what children and parents need to have a wonderful children’s holiday in Austria:
- Spacious roomswith a large bathroom
- A playgroundin the hotel’s yard with swing set, slide, climbing wall and ping-pong table for children and deck chairs for parents
- An indoor pool and an outdoor pool with a specialchildren’s pool in the indoor pool area
- Wellness for children and adults:Massages and energy treatments for parents, Lomi Lomi Nui and singing bowl massage for children
- A wellness areawith special zones for rest and relaxation (14 years and older!)
- A special children’s menuand a gourmet menu for adults
- Every afternoon a children’s juice barand the “high” bar for adults
- Tommi and Christoph, the junior Innerhofers, who enjoy being out and about in the house and yard with their guests
- You are welcome to bring your dog along on the family holiday! To avoid disturbing the other guests, it is not allowed in the dining room and the wellness garden.
- One destination of our guided family hikes is the hotel’s private mountain lake with a hunting cabin at 1,600 m. You can go fishing The cooks in our hotel kitchen will prepare the fish for you!
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
Children’s programme and childcare in the Wildkogel Arena
From July to the beginning of September, there is a diverse children’s programme in the Wildkogel Arena that includes childcare (for a fee). Loads of fun and excitement are guaranteed by the two mascots Kogel-Mogel and Kogel-Mia!
Kid’s Party at Aussichts Mountain Restaurant Wildkogel with face painting
“On the Green Secret Trail” with tales and legends from Bramberg
Family afternoon with scavenger hunt & surprise guests in Neukirchen
Bramberg: Handcrafting in Salzburg Wollstadel ( 5+ years) – felting
Neukirchen: Family program with sports & games
- Horseback riding in the Wildkogel Arena on request
Family programme in Hohe Tauern National Park
See, hear, smell, touch, taste—use all your senses. The national park also provides childcare for children and young people. A rich outdoor programme is offered around our Smaragdhotel. Many activities such as pony riding, bread baking or gold panning are possible throughout the summer months.
There are also lots of learning trails with different themes to discover on your own.
Hiking in the mountains and biking with children
- Guided hikes to our hunting cabin with a family summit climb and bratwurst barbecue
- Hikes and mountain fishing at 1,600 m above sea level: We grill your catch at the hotel!
- E-bike rental directly at the hotel
- Bike & e-bike rental 1x per stay included in the National Park Summer Card Mobile
- Hiking taxi rides to and from the starting points of your hikes with the children