the family hotel in the Hohe Tauern National Park in the Province of Salzburg
A holiday in the Salzburg mountains in Austria: introduce your kids to the natural marvels of the Hohe Tauern National Park and enjoy the comforts of a 4-star hotel, run by the Innerhofer family and their team!
Family hotel Tauernblick
At our hotel, we know what makes a great family holiday for children and parents:
- Spacious rooms with generously dimensioned bathrooms.
- A playground in the hotel garden with swings, slide, climbing wall and table tennis table for the children, deckchairs for the parents.
- Indoor and outdoor pool with a separate children’s pool in the indoor pool area.
- Wellness for children and adults: massages and energising treatments for the parents. Lomi Lomi Nui and sound bowl massage for the children.
- Wellness area with relaxation zone and quiet zone for resting (from the age of 14)
- Dedicated children’s menu and gourmet menu for the adults.
- Children’s juice bar and “proper” bar for adults every afternoon.
- Tommi and Christoph, the Innerhofer boys, who love showing their guests round the house and garden
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
Family holiday 2018 in the Province of Salzburg, Austria, and the Hohe Tauern National Park
There is plenty of fun to be had in the area around our family hotel:
- Free, guided family hikes with our very own walking guides
- Digging for green emeralds in the Habach Valley, just 3 km from the hotel
- Even easier: take the Habach Valley Taxi straight to the emerald dig – available free of charge for the whole family once a week, exclusively for Smaragdhotel guests!
- Children’s programme & childcare available in the Wildkogel arena
- Wooden playground at the mountain station of the Wildkogelbahn cable car line: 10,000m², suitable for children of all ages
Tip for parents: panorama view restaurant right next to the playground, ideal for keeping an eye on the kids!
- The National Park Activity Programme for nature enthusiasts
- Many free entries to the most popular daytrip destinations in the Province of Salzburg, e.g. the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße, the Nationalparkzentrum in Mittersill, the Wasserwelten und die Wasserfälle in Krimml, all with the Nationalpark Sommercard mobil 2018 (included from day 1 of your stay with us).
- Free travel to many daytrip destinations by Postbus and local train with the Nationalpark Sommercard mobil.
Children’s Program & Care at the Wildkogel-Arena
From July to early September, check out the various children’s programs at the Wildkogel Arenas, including child care (surcharge). With the two mascots Kogel-Mogel and Kogel-Mia, lots of games, fun and excitement are guaranteed!
Kid’s Party at Aussichts Mountain Restaurant Wildkogel with face painting
“On the Green Secret Trail” with tales and legends from Bramberg
Family afternoon with scavenger hunt & surprise guests in Neukirchen
Bramberg: Handcrafting in Salzburg Wollstadel ( 5+ years) – felting
Neukirchen: Family program with sports & games
- Horseback riding in the Wildkogel Arena on request
Family Program at Hohe Tauern National Park
See, Hear, Smell, Feel, Taste – with all your senses. The National Park also provides Childcare for Kids and Adolescents. They offer a full program in the nature around the Smaragd-Hotel. Many activities, such as pony riding, bread baking and gold panning, are offered throughout the entire summer.
There are also numerous educational trails with different themes for you to explore on your own.
Hiking & biking with children
- Guided hikes to our hunting cabin, with family peak victory and sausage grilling.
- Hiking and mountain fishing at an altitude of 1,600m: we will grill your catch in the hotel.
- E-bike rental directly in the hotel.
- One bike & e-bike rental included per stay, with the Nationalpark Sommercard mobil 2017.
- Transport for the whole family to and from the starting points of your hiking tours with the Hiking Taxis.