Hiking Holidays in Austria
Hohe Tauern National Park and Wildkogel—
Hiking Holidays in Salzburgerland
What do you think of when you hear “hiking holidays in Austria”?
- Meadows and forests, mountains and lakes, hills and the Alps—”real mountains” with stunning views?
- Hearty snacks in mountain huts and cosy inns?
- Guided hikes and marked hiking trails?
- Loads of fun in mountain refuges?
- Bacon on bread and Kaiserschmarrn?
Hiking Holidays in Salzburg and Tirol
We think of hikes in the Kitzbühel Alps and on Wildkogel with children, parents and grandparents together as a family who spend their hiking holiday with us in Pinzgau.
… of climbs to the summits of Wildkogel, Steinkogel, Bramberger Zwölfer, Pinzgau Blick
… of cosy hours spent in mountain refuges: for example Steiner Alm, Enzianhütte, Alpenrose, Moaralm with its local flavour and Baumgartenalm in Mühlbach Valley
… of guided hikes through pristine nature in Hohe Tauern National Park with national park rangers.
…. of the flight of the eagle over the snow-covered peaks of the Alps in Salzburg, Tirol and Carinthia.
… of the cute marmots that cautiously stretch their heads up into the air.
… of ibexes and chamois that calmly stand on rocks and graze in nearly impassable areas.
… of the bold colours of Alpine flowers in summer and the magnificent view of a sea of peaks in autumn.
… of the learning trails with lots of pictures and information about our part of the Alps.
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
We think of leisurely hikes to our mountain lake at 1,600 m above sea level with our in-house hiking guides Günter, who is also the hotel owner, and Andrea.
… of the joy of children after they have caught a fish, which we prepare in the hotel’s kitchen.
… of hikes that start directly at the hotel, for example the Emerald Trail to Habach Valley, where we dig for emeralds.
… of evenings in the hotel lobby when we arrange tours with the hiking guides and our guests.
Our favourite way to experience Salzburgerland is by hiking and we would be happy to provide you with recommendations for excursions in Salzburgerland and Tirol and rent out hiking gear!
National Park Taxi to Habach Valley
Exclusively for our Tauernblick guests: Between the beginning of June and mid-October, ride in the National Park Taxi to beautiful Habach Valley, the Valley of Emeralds, and search for your own jewel!
Free with the National Park Summer Card Mobile 2019
- Daily use of Postbuses and local trains
- National Park Taxi Dürnbach Valley, Mühlbach Valley and into Habach Valley (Valley of Emeralds)
- Wildkogel Cable Car
- Panorama train in the Kitzbühel Alps
- Königsleiten Cable Car
- Family mountain adventure Weißsee Gletscherwelt in Uttendorf
Hiking highlights in the Bramberg region
- The Owner’s Tour: Summit climb with Günter
- High-altitude hiking area Wildkogel
- Habach Valley
- Emerald Trail (themed trail)
- Venediger Trail (themed trail)—a gift for every child, for example a snack box
- Learning trails and themed trails
- Trattenbach Valley and Dürnbach Valley
- Obersulzbach Valley
- Untersulzbach Valley
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
Our services for hikers
in Emerald Hotel/Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
Free guided hikes (3x a week) with the in-house hiking guides: 1x summit climb with Günter Innerhofer, 1x leisurely hike in the national park with Andrea, 1x family hike with Andrea
Hikes start directly at the , for example Bachlehrweg to Hollersbach Valley
Rental hiking gear
Hiking maps of the national park valleys and the Kitzbühel Alps
National Park Summer Card Mobile included for all guests (free hiking taxis, free ride 1x daily with the mountain cable cars, many admissions free or reduced, and much more)
National Park Taxi to Habach Valley, the Valley of Emeralds (for our guests that stay at least one week)
Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil for Hikers
valid from May 1st until October 31st, 2019
- 1 x daily Roundtrip Ride on the Wildkogelbahn:
Hike Possibility: Hike to the Wildkogel summit, to the Frühmesser summit over the Herrensteig, to Rettenstein, to Steinkogel, to Bramberg
- Hikers Taxi to Baumgartenalm Mühlbachtal:
Hike Possibility: Hikes to 2000m, Rettenstein, up to Wildkogel or back to the hotel
- Hikers Taxi to Steineralm:
Hike Possibility: Hikes to Steinkogel, Wildkogel
- Hikers Bus to Hopffeldboden Sulzbachtal:
Hike Possibility: to Berndlalm, Seebachsee, Kürsinger Hut
- Hikers Bus to Dürnbach & Trattenbachtal, Mühlbachtal
- Mountain Lifts: Hollersbach Panorama Lift, Weißsee Glacier Lift Uttendorf
- and much more
Special Only for Guests of the Smaragd-Hotels Tauernblick
- 1 x weekly Taxi to Habachtal the emeralds – to the Mineral Excursion!
- Unlimited bus and train rides from Zell am See to Krimml with the Pinzgaubahn
- Hiking Possibility: Hollersbachtal, Habachtal and to all the places from Krimml to Zell am See)
Free or greatly reduced:
Mittersil National Park Center
Braumberg Crystal Museum
Copper mine in Neukirchen
- Bonus Partner with Discounts