Hiking in the National Park
Experience nature near Großvenediger and Großglockner
Experience the magnificent Alpine landscape up close by hiking in Austria. Young or old, your heart will beat faster during your exciting hiking holiday in Salzburgland around Hohe Tauern National Park. Hike along the marked trails at high altitudes accompanied by our certified hiking guides. Look forward to pure relaxation in the crystal clear air on individual or guided mountain hikes for couples, groups or families with a view of the highest mountains in Austria. Whether you are seeking adventure or relaxation, the Wildkogel Arena in Hohe Tauern National Park has something for everyone.
Our recommendation: themed trails, for example the Emerald Trail, which leads you to Europe’s only emerald deposits in the picturesque Habach Valley.
Discover the nearly untouched mountains in the national park on one of the guided mountain hikes with our certified hiking guides.
Book your holiday at the Smaragdhotel Tauernblick
From Enjoyable Walks to Ambition Hikes – Mountain Experiences in the National Park
- Hikes of All Levels, Educational & Themed Paths, easy walks for the whole family
- Challenging Summit Climbs, Alpine Hiking Routes
- Habachtal – only emerald deposits in Europe
- 1x per week: Geocaching in the valley of emeralds, emerald mining – free with the Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil
- Varied weekly summer program
- Mountain Guide Office, Watzmann Mountaineering School with offers for guided hikes & tours
- Hiking with the Wildkogel Lifts: Mountain station at 2,100 m above sea level- wonderful views of the National Park
Hike in the Valleys of Hohe Tauern National Park
- Habachtal has the only emerald deposits in Europe (in the Leckbachrinne), crystal treasures, common
- Mineral finds, Emerald Trail
- Mühlbachtal in Bramberg
- Krimmler Achental with the Krimmler Waterfalls & a pass to South Tyrol
- Sulzbachtal with the Sulzbach Waterfalls
- Hollersbach Valley with alpine pastures
- Felbertal with Schösswend gorge and Hintersee
- Kaprun mit Sigmund-Thun-Klamm
- Fuschertal with fierce mountains at the foot of the Grossglockner
- Rauristal with Kitzlochklamm and gold panning
NEW IN 2018: The Panorama Trail from the top station of the Wildkogel Cable Car to Neukirchen.
A Wildkogel highlight!
The Slide Trail from the middle station to Gasthof Stockenbaum: Slide 444 metres down a total of 10 slides towards Neukirchen.
This makes hiking fun for kids and teenagers too!
(Mountain Go-Cart Track, Slide Trail, Panorama Trail)
Family Adventure Arena Kogel-Mogel – Fun & Games in the 10,000 m2
- New 10,000 m2 wooden playground for young and old
- Located near the Wildkogel mountain station & the mountain-view restaurant
- Parcours, Kogel-Mogel climbing tower with tube slide, eyrie, Goliath swing, trampoline, relaxation areas
- Free use of the giant playground
- Mascot- Kogel-Mogel & his friend Kogel-Mia
- Free ride on the Wildkogel lift with the Nationalpark Sommercard
- Begin family-friendly hikes from the Kogel-Mogel Arena